Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya unable to register DTMF tones from BB 83XX cell 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naperguy1

Programmer
Dec 1, 2003
US
Has anyone come across this issue? 80% of our organzation that use the Blackberry data device are unable to dial an extension or select an option when dialing in via a vector. It registers on our Octel and Mod Messaging vm systems, but will not work whne dialing through a vector/vdn and announcement. Please advise if anyone has encountered this and what their fix was? Thank you kindly, in advance.

i think this is because the digits on the phone do not translate to the Avaya system, i have the same issue

There should be a long and short dtmf tones in your cell phone. Change from short to long and your problem will be solved.

I have tested this with a 8320 and it works fine.
What version of the BB software are you running?

The majority of the organization is running 4.5.0.77 on the device. The BES server is 4.5. I have tested this with some 8830 and 8720 devices and receive the same treatment - does not register. Avaya software is R015x.02.0.947.3.

What cellphone provider? (reaching for straws)
I tested using a T-Mobile device.

Thank you to all who assisted in "brainstorming". After some investigation, it was realized that it only affected users who had EC500. It was provider-independent, and device independent. With that being said, it turned out to be a simple setting on the configuration set that was pointed out by Avaya support:

POST CONNECT DIALING OPTIONS

this option needed to be set to DTMF. it was set to BOTH.

When you think you looked everywhere......

Thanks for taking time to post what you found out. It may help others should they run into the same thing later.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back