Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya to Cisco Interconnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaambaaa

Technical User
Mar 9, 2022
PH
Hi guys,

we are interconnecting avaya ip office and cisco.
Interconnection was successful, calls for both system and vice versa is working.

we encounter a problem for direct dialing of extension (cisco number) thru Auto attendant (Avaya Ip office). Calls does not reach the local number of cisco phone.

Does anyone here encounter the same problem?

Note: Embedded voicemail only

You haven't really told us much about how its configured. What action does the auto-attendant use? Usually a transfer to a shortcode for Cisco extension numbers.

- Does it work if you do the process manually? (Answer an incoming call on the IP Office, transfer it to a Cisco extension number). If no, check trunk to trunk forwarding restrictions are off).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

actually i already tried to transfer the call to the short code we use for dialing the extension number of cisco, however it's not working.

additional information for our set up, CISCO has no trunk for outgoing calls.

answer of incoming calls from avaya then transfer to cisco is working.
only Direct dialing of extension number (cisco) thru auto attendant is not working.

You are still not giving a lot of information here
1. Voicemail type, embedded or vmpro, oops missed that it's is embedded.
2. Connection Cisco to IPO, h.323 or SIP
3. System release (IPO)

For embedded voicemail some releases do not transfer properly to generic shortcodes.
Try making a shortcodes for 1 Cisco extension and try dialing it via auto attendant.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

This is our current set up of cisco avaya interconnection.

1. SIP trunking for interconnection
2. IP Office 10.x.x.x.x
3. Short code for dialing from avaya to cisco: 8xxxx

Thanks,

Try a shortcode that matches 100% what you dial and test with that.
The generic shortcodes are sometimes finicky with embedded.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

On your Embedded AA how is the transfer configured? A Normal Transfer definitely won't work because it will be treated as a Dial by Number without a valid extension. Dial By Number won't work for the same reason. A Transfer might work, but it would only work as a single-digit option (i.e. press 8 to be transferred to 8001).

Do you have trunk-to-trunk calling enabled?

I did this many years ago, so my memory is a bit foggy, however one thing that stands out is that I could not use names when setting up the accounts. Name had to be set to the extension number, otherwise calls between IPO and Cisco would fail.

Again, many years ago...

@aarondyck Actually I already tried the transfer but it didn't work. In the action field I input 8xxxx,yet no progress. Should I use xxxx instead?

Hi everyone,

I also tried transfer yet no progress, incompatible error.

@derfloh there is no generated sip message logs about the dialing of cisco local.

another information. I tried to assign the press 8 and destination is to 8 plus specific cisco local, and it works.

Problem solved. Thanks
We need to use Voicemail Pro instead of Embedded voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back