Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya System Manger Status 403 Forbidden 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

walruses

Technical User
Apr 1, 2016
MX
Hello, can anybody please help me whith this issue?

I´m building a sip trunk using Session Manager but in the Reason Code field of Sip Entity Monitor tool I see "403 Forbidden" despite conn. status and link status fields are UP.

If this information is useful There is a NAT between both PBX to stablish network connection.

Does anyone has an idea of what could be causing this status?

Regards.

SIP domains are not correct. Check your network regions/sip domains and System manager for allowed sip domains.

Thanks for your answer. I´m using an adaptation with parameters odstd and iosrcd to avoid any conflict with domains. Is there any thing I am missing?

It means that the entity on the other end is receiving the session managers OPTIONS message but is responding with a 403. Session manager doesn't really care what the response is, more so that it just gets a response of some kind. Something SIP capable on the other end of that link is responding so the link will show as up.

It's very possible that everything will work just fine if you start throwing SIP traffic down that link as long as the traffic is acceptable to the entity at the other end. Then again most SIP entities are set up to actually acknowledge the OPTIONS message rather than return a 403 FORBIDDEN so it's quite likely something isn't set up correctly on that end.

I just realized you have a NAT. Do you have a network overlap with two sites having 10.1.1.x for example? I assume so, which isn't going to work.

Thank you very much guys. That's correct there is a network overlap on both ends. So I think we better look for another option to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back