Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya System Manager Bulk User Delete 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

7deedtz

Technical User
Apr 20, 2009
ZA
Good day,

I hope i could get some assistance here.

We have not been consistently managing users in terms of people leaving the company now we want to delete more than 1000+ SIP Users on Avaya System Managers. Is there a way to bulk delete a number of users at one go?

its a bit tiring to be searching and then delete a user one at a time to achieve this.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deedtz

I just tried this in my lab and it worked...

So, I do LDAP sync with provisioning rules. If I add you in AD and you have name/mail/telephoneNumber then you provision according to rule X or whatever.

I was testing something against a user that wouldn't best be provisioned via that rule, so i added the user manually, so its account is of type "basic" on the identity tab.

Then I went and changed my LDAP sync to no longer include the provisioning rule. So, it'll create a SMGR account for everyone who matches in LDAP, but it's not building CM phones or anything.

And my test user was picked up by the LDAP sync and associated with the LDAP account.

And then I deleted the guy in AD and after the next sync, the user was gone from SMGR

So, even if you didn't put them in with LDAP sync, if the data can be made to sync, you can delete them from LDAP.

And then do you know what I'd do? I'd take your list of people who need to go and then vlookup that against a export of all users to put their SMGRLoginName in there too. Then I'd get ManageEngine Bulk AD tool, fire up a Windows VM, turn on AD, pump the list in, setup LDAP sync, delete them all from AD and sync again :)

If you do not have AD integration with System Manager, you can use the User Import Tool found either under Users / User Management / Manage Users / More Actions or Services / Bulk Import and Export / Import / User Management Users.

There is a field for "If a matching record already exists:" that you can set to Delete.

I have used this to remove many users at once but what I don't know is the absolute minimum amount of information required. I am guessing that First Name, Last Name, and Login Name are required as per the Import file. You can download the Excel Template under "More Actions" too, or export 1 or two Users to grab their information to see what is necessary.

Awesome! I never had the heart to look too hard at that spreadsheet...

Thank you,

I will give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back