Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Swallows Expanets .....now what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picazzo

Vendor
Nov 3, 2003
US
Lets break this down simply.....

We all know the story of the "hatchlings" from Lucent/ATT "technical sperm", that grew to become Avaya/Expanets.

First off I am only a messanger from the inside of one of them...I'll leave it at that. Everyday...so far an "all associates call" blast across email to inform us of the latest scandels....basically the answer to the questions that expanets employees are asking is what,when ,where and how deep ? Avaya's answer to all questions is " we are not sure yet...but we will now in 3 weeks when sale is approved"
We dont know...we dont know....

My perception is this :

Avaya bought Expanets for 153 million (Expanets spent that much on there Seibel Database ...hint ...hint...nudge...nudge). Now I maybe wrong and correct me if I am...and Im sure you will
'-)...but Lucent sold there Enterprise Networking Div (Sales Div) to Northwestern for 250 mill in 2000.

Avaya sells it Connectivity Solutions branch to CommScope for $263 mill (cash to buy Expanets)

Avaya agrees today to a multi year sales/service contrct for Extreme (switches/routers).....hint...hint

The Cisco and Nec assets and accounts will be sold back to either a privater investor or the manufacturers, which will then distribute to the othe business partners 9makes the med/small guy happy) in the channel or keep some direct....$$$$$

Expanets just purchased the largest NEC dealership in N.A. (Vision) in March 2003...they are also one of the largest resellers for Cisco....$$$...cant just flush them babies.

Expanets supplied Avaya with over 15% of it revenue over all...Avaya makes up 50% of Expanets revenue and 25% to Cisco, and 25 % to NEC.

So my babbling commences with a final statement...
Avaya will be chopping this "side a beef" for mucho dinero...keep a small "top of the crop" service side and a smaller sales div ...absolutley no admins though...and sell off the Cisco and NEC branchs...Expanets will be lucky if 500 out of there 3000 employees get pulled over....sorry just the facts....You have a company (Avaya) that is 14000 employees buying a company (Expanets) with 3000 employees (20% of there workforce)....you do the math...snip ...snip.....

Over and Out ...comments encouraged !

Picazzo-

Hey been there done that. Well the snipping anyway. 2 layoffs in 2 years. It's just a dandy economy!

I have a question that some of you may know the answer to. I was told that if Avaya bought Expanets and you are a former Avaya retiree, you will not be able to work for this company that has been bought out and still recieve your retirement?? If this is true that really sucks guy's. Sounds like most everything else that Avaya has done since it's birth.

Mikey

I love working on the coverged definity solutions, but my heart is with cisco. I've invested so much of life to cisco, and if we lose that product line, I'm moving on from the company..

I just hope things turn out..

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back