Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Support site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
After spending all morning trying to download Q3 R8.0, I have no skin left on my head never mind hair!!

Does anyone else find the new avaya support site a load of crap? 4 downloads (Admin, Apps, VMP, CCR) all downloading and finished well short of the proper file size (Admin stopped at 400MB).

I have mentioned this in the past direct to Avaya and have left feedback on the site. FTP with resume support is what we used to have, what we have now is unreliable http/https downloads.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just pants.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

That site is a release behind current on the R8 and R8.1 ones I just checked :)

I noticed this too.
I downloaded the ipo server edition lately (there is a new one) and it stopped half way.
I just left it sitting there and had some dinner.
After dinner it was done so it seems to continue after some time.
But yes it is crap and unreliable at all times.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I have noticed that the windows/browser file transfer window will count up the file size faster than the suggested download speed would suggest, and then it will freeze at a certain figure 233 MB for example.... but if you hover over the download tab on the bottom toolbar it will still be counting up the downloaded file at rate that suggests a half decent speed (at least 1 MB per sec) :)

I noticed that too.
It looks like it stopped but it is still going on.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Just went on site to find SW 7.0(36) to see the release notes associated with it, and it's gone... can only find (35); did they run into an issue and just pulled it?

Weird.

could evryone who os annoyed with this leave some feedback on the website. link is toward the bottom of the page.

I've had email communication with the, following my feedback and she admitted that they have seen issues with IPO downloads.

i have asked on more than one occassion for direct ftp access to files. It would be much simpler and quicker to navigate an ftp folder and download what you need. I don't need 15 pages of pretty web site to get me what I want!!!

The louder we shout, the more chance something may be done.

Cheers for the feedback guys, I'm sure we are being watched!!!

Jamie Green

the reason they do it this way is so that not every Joe Blow can download the firmware any more. they are trying to get only qualified people to get the firmware.
As much as I appreciate this I have to say that nobody can do anything with the firmware if they have no clue what they are doing and have no upgrade license so the whole work is for nothing.
I download every release and keep it on an external HDD with my laptop and also have a backup at home just in case. Downloading takes to furken long.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

I'm sure some bright spark within Avaya can get an FTP to use our SSO's. thats all that happens now.

Jamie Green

Jamie,

you dont need to be a bright spark to allow FTP to use our SSO logins. Just willingness. We are talking Avaya here.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

I agree with all this. It has taken me 3 days just to download the latest 8.1 Voicemail pro. Gets to 255mb and just stops. Finally managed to get the software downloaded. Anyone else noticed that the download speeds are dreadful?? Where I am we have 40MB internet connection and every website downloads files quick apart from Avaya support. I have also had quite a few problems with the knowledge base website as they keep updating the look. Sometimes it works then other time will not load any content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back