Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Softphone Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcalix

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2010
US
I am getting an error after logging into the Avaya IP Video Softphone: "All acounts failed to enable"

I have the IP Office 500 R6 and I have a combo card installed and only 1 SIP line configured.

I have watched the monitor and it shows that when the softphone logs in it is trying to register with the SIP server for some reason.

Is there a way to stop this, or do i have something configured wrong?

I have seen this error defined in another thread and the solution was to check if i have a sip line to my computer and i do not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Do you have a power user license ?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Yep, I can login and eveything, just receives an error after trying to enable accounts. For some reason te softphone tries to register with the SIP server and not the IP Office

What do you mean "after trying to enable accounts", that's not a process I am familiar with in regards to the softphone or is that an automated message that is popping up :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I have attached the a picture of the error. After i login with the power user that i have setup in Manager, it pulls up the softphone, then gives me this error.

softphoneerror.jpg

Unusual, never seen that before. May be worth escalating to your Disty/Avaya as long as you are already at the most current IPO and softphone release :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Yep, just got back from the Avaya IP Office training class, i can get the softphone to work without a SIP line configured, but as soon as I add the SIP line into the system, the softphone gives me that error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back