Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA SIP Environment Web App Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncheung

Technical User
Feb 27, 2008
CA
Is there a way to remove the Web Apps icon from the Home Page of a 9641G phone configured for SIP?

Our company has decided not to bother with this feature for now so we would like to remove the option from the phones (so we don't get flooded with questions as to why it doesn't work)

I have combed through the 46XXsettings.txt on the Utility server. I figured out how to remove the browser, but when I rebooted my phone to see the change, the "Browser" turned into "Web Apps" and now I can't get rid of it

Any ideas are welcome!

We had this issue with web links on our 9641G IP phones...we put the following in the 46xx settings file:
SET WORLDCLOCKAPP ""
SET WEATHERAPP ""
SET CALCSTAT 0 (this means don't display calculator)
The "" mean disabled
Hope this helps. We have found with the IP phones we need to be sure the server w/the 46xx settings file is up before phones are bounced...or they end up with the links again (default).

Thanks very much for the suggestions - we did that in our H323 environment and it worked fine but SIP is a different beast...

has anyone else set up 96XX IP phones in a SIP environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back