Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Session Manager "invalid domain in From: header"

Status
Not open for further replies.

filakio

Technical User
Mar 8, 2001
US
Not sure how to fix this. I have an adaptation set up to change the ingress source domain to "company.com"

Under domain management I have a SIP entry for "company.com"

When I place an inbound call and it hits the SIP entity with that adaptation I see the domain gets changed to "company.com" but I also get the "Forbidden -invalid domain" message in my trace.

I can change the source domain to another domain that is also listed under domain management, and it works, but not when I use the "company.com" domain. The domain I want to use I recently added and the one that works has been there for some time.

Any clues or suggestions?

Check your session manager dial routing to ensure it has that domain and routes to the correct CM. Also need to check your CM sip trunk configuration.

Is replication positively good and healthy? It's not like, jammed up in the ol' queue? Not super likely but totally possible.

Are there other fields that have the old domain in them?

Thanks for the feed back. This is a SIP connection between the session manager and Cisco CM. I have a dial pattern with the domain defined but still getting the forbidden error.

Geo is disabled at this time.

Anything else I should try? Thank you.

Are you getting the forbidden domain from Session Manager or from Cisco CM? Your Adaptation may need to convert ingress to "company.com" but also may need to convert egress to "otherdomain.com" or whatever Cisco is looking for on their end.

Cisco -> "otherdomain.com" -> Adaptation -> "company.com" -> ASM
Cisco <- "otherdomain.com" <- Adaptation <- "company.com" <- ASM

If the error is definitely on the Avaya side,
Confirm the domain is listed in System Manager under Elements / Routing / Domains. You said it was under Domain Management, but please double (triple?) check the spelling both here and in your Adaptation.
If your Dial Patterns list out each domain individually then make sure to add the new domain. You can use "ALL", which is different than listing out all domains individually.

In Communication Manager, you may need to create a unique IP-Network-Region with the domain "company.com" and create a specific Signaling / Trunk Group with that far-end domain.

Thanks again for the suggestions. I am getting the forbidden error from session manager. I did confirm that the domain name "company.com" matches between the adaptation and domain management.

I had "company.com" picked as the domain under the dial pattern I'm testing with and it doesn't work. When I choose "all" it routes correctly.

Do you still think I need to add anything to the CM even though the traffic isn't going there? My call flow is Cisco CM > Session Manager > eSBC > PSTN (SIP Trunk)

Nope. I wasn't sure if the calls were hitting CM or not. You won't need anything in CM if are not routing to it.

We are doing the same and use the following in the adaptation module parameter:

fromto = true

iodstd = company.com

iosrcd = company.com

odstd = IP address of other end SIP server

osrcd = IP address of ASM

Yeah, I figured it out. I didn't have iodstd defined with the correct domain. Only iosrcd. Thanks again for everyone's feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back