Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya server edition webcontrol 7071 " no response server from server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero6

Technical User
Oct 20, 2016
CW
Hi all,

I am having an issue with the avaya server edition vmware, where when I try to access the webcontroller 7071 I get the message " no response server from server" and when I try 707o the page opens the gui to login and when you login, it just keeps loading.

I tried different browsers and all have th same results.

Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance

I think I saw a similar problem once and it had to do with improper ignition, but I didn't know what I had done to cause it. I ended up getting the customer's IT contractor to re-install the SE and was more careful during the ignition process.

I have seen this on some versions of Server Edition that have been up for a long time, try a good old reboot and see if it comes back after the reboot

If you don't want to do a full reboot you can just restart the 'apache-tomcat', 'webcontrol' and 'WebManagement' services via root SSH if you can, it should kick it back into gear.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Hi BFG9K,

I had the IT of the customer reboot the vm ware, but it still loading when using 7070 and when I use 7071 it show not found
Might you have the instruction to restart the apache-tomcat', 'webcontrol' and 'WebManagement' services via root SSH.

First you'll need to log into the IP Office via SSH as root, then run these commands to restart the services (in order):

[ol 1]
[li]systemctl stop WebManagement[/li]
[li]systemctl stop webcontrol[/li]
[li]systemctl stop apache-tomcat[/li]
[li]systemctl start apache-tomcat[/li]
[li]systemctl start webcontrol[/li]
[li]systemctl start WebManagement[/li]
[/ol]

However this will not help you if 7071 is still not coming back after a reboot, is the disk full of logfiles or something like that?

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

Holy moley yep that's your issue right there

From experience it's usually OneX Portal logs clogging up the disk, which are found here: /opt/Avaya/oneXportal/11.1.2400_3/apache-tomcat/logs/

Here's a sweet little command to find exactly what is using up the space on the disk though:

[ol 1]
[li]Log into IP Office via SSH as root[/li]
[li]cd to the root directory (cd /)[/li]
[li]Run this command:
Code:
du -ch --max-depth 1 | sort -hr
[/li]
[li]It will print out a sorted list of all directories on the disk in descending order of size (ignore any errors about /proc directories), here's an example of a system I manage:
Code:
[root@ipoffice ~]# cd /
[root@ipoffice /]# du -ch --max-depth 1 | sort -hr
43G     total
43G     .
29G     ./var
11G     ./opt
1.9G    ./usr
402M    ./run
194M    ./usr3
59M     ./etc
43M     ./boot
536K    ./root
36K     ./tmp
28K     ./home
16K     ./lost+found
16K     ./dev
8.0K    ./mnt
4.0K    ./srv
4.0K    ./media
0       ./sys
0       ./proc
0       ./net
0       ./misc
[/li]
[li]In my case I can see that /var and /opt are using most of the space, so I will cd into /opt and run the same command as above to find what is using the most here:
Code:
[root@ipoffice /]# cd opt
[root@ipoffice opt]# du -ch --max-depth 1 | sort -hr
11G     total
11G     .
4.4G    ./vmpro
4.4G    ./Avaya
1.6G    ./ipoffice
172M    ./microsoft
67M     ./MediaManager
17M     ./WebManager
15M     ./Loquendo
12M     ./webcontrol
924K    ./vmware_appmonitor
156K    ./watchdog
16K     ./vmware
[root@ipoffice opt]#
[/li]
[/ol]

You can probably guess the rest. Run the command to find what is using the space, cd into that directory, and once you find the directory that is using all the space you can start deleting old files, It's almost always years-old log files using up the space.

I would recommend using Bitvise SSH Client to manage the system files over SSH, comes in very handy.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back