Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya self installer InstallVPNremote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkelly13

MIS
Apr 16, 2010
US
I have converted several 4610sw and 4620sw phones with success, but some of the phones using the InstallVPNremoteFor46xx.bat conversion file will not be recognized by the utility.

I am able to do several phones without a problem, but then i will have one that will not be seen as connected so it will not be able to pull a file. Imediatly after without shutting down the BAT file, ill connect a new phone to the same cable, and it will work successfully.

I have come across 2 phones that will not recognize as connected when starting the DHCP scan.

Any one know why this may be? I am looking for a .bin file compatability issue, but an not seeing a pattern.

What is the server suppling DHCP Linux? If it is them you need to add the MAC address for the phones to it.

Rusty.. thanks for the reply..

So No external DHCP server yet.

the InstallVPNremoteFor46xx.bat utility uses your PC to directly install the Bin File. It scans your PC and uses your local adapter to see the phone directly connected through a power brick.

We have not taken the next step to install a group ID on the server yet for the VPN phones, and do not wish to until we decide to roll this out.

(here is the link to there tool, it is actually really nice: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back