Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya SBCE Call Forking to IPO & Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC200OK

ISP
Feb 12, 2021
ZA
AVAYA SBCE version: 8.1.1.0-26-19214

I've done the integration with MS Teams from the Avaya SBCE and can route calls inbound and outbound through the SBC.

I've got a trunk to the IPO from the SBCE and can route inbound and outbound through the SBCE.

There's also a trunk setup from the SBCE to the ITSP.

The last part of the project is to fork the inbound call (from ITSP) from the SBC to both the IPO and Teams.
Can the SBCE do call forking? I know you can do media forking for recording.
I've setup a media forking profile and a session policy and tied it to a session flow.

Has anybody achieved this and is it possible to call fork from the ASBCE?

Not done it an ASBCE but have with other SBCs.

Derfloh's right. You want to fork on the IPO. Might double your license consumption on the SIP side though.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

True.

We used forking on our SBC (audiocodes, not ASBCE) for a while, but I've always preferred using twinning on the IPO. It gets a bit messy otherwise, and you can also pick up internal calls on teams.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Do you have any documentation on how to setup the SBC with Teams?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I've looked into forking from the IPO, but it's a last resort.

The inbound call comes in to the SBC through a ITSP trunk, so I would like to fork it there to prevent sending it to the IPO and then back the SBC and out another trunk to teams.

Then there is the licensing mentioned, both on the IPO and the SBC.

In this particular use case, we are talking about 1200 extensions. We'd have to setup twinning on each of those extensions and administration can become a nightmare.

The teams client registers to the MS Teams portal via the internet and not via the SBC, like a remote worker. The Teams portal then has a trunk out to the SBC where it uses direct routing to send the calls to the SBC.

It just makes sense to fork on the SBC, but it seems that it can't do it.

Any other suggestions?

I'm facing a similar situation right now. Working on an IP Office and Teams integration where customer doesn't want to use Avaya Assistant. DC200K, you said you had gotten the SBC and Teams working and routing calls, I'm assuming direct. In your configuration, did you use Session Manager or direct routing at SBC. I can't seem to find options for SIP forking without Session manager and Customer's not looking to eat the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back