Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya SAL Gateway Apache Tomcat not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy0724

Technical User
Jul 22, 2009
US
Can't open SAL Gateway Management from webconsole, verified through ssh that service gatewayUI status indicates that it's running

Problem is when the SAL Gateway Management tab is opened it says enable sal gateway when trying to enable it it fails. If I open the Webconsole via IP with 7443 it fails with Apache Tomcat not responding. This is on the installed LSP, the Main S8300D can be accessed and the SEID are setup. I loaded another S8300D in my
lab with all the settings for this LSP in hopes that I could implement everything including the SAL Gateway information, having the same problem with the S8300D that I was going to use for replacment.

Do you have the correct version of Java installed? If so, provide the java -version command output.

You may not have the correct/matching versions of System Platform and the Communication Manager template. There are very specific requirements for the System Platform version for each template and the specific update/patch loaded. I am assuming you are on CM6.01 and are going to SP7 which requires you to upgrade to System Platform 6.0.3.6.3. Since this is an S8300D I am also going to assume you started as a 6.0.2.1.5 which requires you load the pre-upgrade patch to take you to 6.0.2.5.5 prior to upgrading to 6.0.3.0.3.

pappy0724, I have installed at least 30-40 SP/CM6 systems, and this does occur once in a while. The first thing to try is a full shutdown/reboot, then give it a few minutes, and see if the SAL launch page looks normal, and you can now launch SAL. This has worked for me most of the time. If it still shows "Enabled SAL Gateway", after a full shutdown/reboot, you may have to reload SP and the templates, as I have not found another solution other than that.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back