Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya S8710 Dial plan programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33tlucid

Technical User
Jul 9, 2009
US
I am having an issue with the integration of a siemens telephone switch with our Avaya S8710. The issue we are having, is that a group of people, behind the siemens system, is only able to dial our 7 digit extensions using a FAC that allows them to dial out of the siemens system. This is a shared FAC that allows everyone else in the facility to dial off the facility. I am trying to figure out how to tell the S8710 to accept 4 digit extensions (or even 7 digit extensions at this point) so that the users only have to dial the facility's extension, without having to dial from outside their realm. Right now they have to dial 9 digits instead of the 4 digits they want. they are a controller type of area and are requesting this be done. is there anything that im missing in the switch to make this happen? i've looked into the ARS ANA table, the uniform dial plan, the private numbering. Basically any option that i could think of. Please help.

You can use uniform dialplan which uses AAR analysis and route patterns to route the calls to the
trunk-group of the other system.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

39 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 29 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

The issue isnt getting to the siemens system from the avaya switch, its coming from the siemens system to the avaya switch using only 4 digit extensions when the rest of the facility is on a 7 digit extension dial plan.

That would be a question for a programmer of the Siemens system

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

39 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 29 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

If there is a solution I would think you need to post on a Siemens forum. The Seimens is a separate phone system and the Avaya is an external call from it. They are going to have to dial something to make the call go out of the Siemens to the Avaya system and the full 7 digit extensions. IF the 7 digit extensions all have several numbers in common you might be able to insert those digits automatically on one end or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back