Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya S8300 coming off an Ericsson system for dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayavauser

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
really odd one here as we are being handed ISDN2 lines off an Ericsson via an S0 adaptor as it passes off to our Avaya MM720 card and have setup the BRI board & trunk group .

the system is in Rotterdam

S8300
CM5.2.1
Avaya 9600 sets
Avaya MM720 board

seeing the line in-service in CM but when calling said numbers I see my trunk go active but nothing is being passed as in seeing no digits from the Ericsson system -

as I understand the S0 adaptor converts the signal from the Ericcson system too something the BRI board can understand -

setup as enblcoc/enbloc in my trunking as they are sending 4 digits on the call

if I setup my trunk group as overlap/enbloc and insert digits in the trunk group form to match a singular extension the call routes through to the singular end point and we get audio in both directions so it appears my BRI board settings and trunk settings are fine just not seeing any digits from them – even if it was the wrong number of digits I should see something.

if the Ericsson techs disconnects the S0 adaptor and connects a PTT Telecom ISDN Vox 930 phone he can make and receive calls just not sure of the conversion and what we should be setup as I expected a line from a carrier / provider not coming off another system.

I have Setup BRI before in the past but this one has me guessing when coming off another system.

cheers !

ayavauser

All ya can do is get an ISDN testset on site

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back