Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya RLS 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucs2010

Technical User
Sep 29, 2010
US
Just installed an Avaya RLS 7.5. Is there a way to schedule phone change in the new rls since TM is not an option?

I believe it's in Element Manager now.

It's only dialtone!!!

there is a phone section in element manager to make chnages to phones.

Yes, I see it in EM, but it does allow to schedule a phone change. From what I hear you can do that in RLS 7.5

You need to deploy Subscriber Manager if you haven't already done so and there is a scheduler in there. So you retrieve your phones in EM. Migrate them to SubM and then go into SubM and you will see the scheduler.

Have you been able to get schedular to work in subscriber manager?

I dont get the option to schedule anything

carb11, I have not tried to use the scheduler yet. I'm trying to get my Corporate Directory to work properly right now.

My corp dir is a mess....The issue has been escalated to avaya design

carb11, that's not good news. I wonder if I have a similar issue? I can get mine to work but if I export it, modify it, import it back in and then upload it nothing changes on the phones.

Hi all

having some custom issues in Russia , we tried to ship 7.5 upgrade CD but it never gets there .. so can it be downloaded from the web ??

can anyone help :)

Hello Carb11,

any news about the corporate directory, i have the same problem, please tell us if you can solve the problem.

regrads

My Corporate Directory is still broke. The issue is at design. It appears to be an issue with System Manager. Nothing definite yet though. If you don't have system manager there is an updated num-grp patch that may fix it.

Hello KCFLHRC,

I have not system manager, we are using UCM, where can i get this patch and how can i install it.

Thanks in advance

You will need access to Avaya's ESPL website if you don't already have it. The num-grp patch is actually part of the service pack. You can however just update the num-grp patch but if your not familiar with patching through command line you will need to update the whole service pack. Keep in mind Avaya updates the ESPL every week. Some of the patches they have had me try are VO patches, meaning you will have to get to an Avaya engineer to get them. I would start with the latest patches available on the ESPL and see if that fixes your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back