Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya removed my super-user admin access? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hummer3331973

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
Hi-

I canceled my maintenance agreement with Avaya and switch to a local provider with a lower monthly cost. I didn't notice this initially after the switch (maybe after a month or so) but for some reasons, some of my admin commands such as busyout or release trunks are no longer there.

I called my new provider and they said Avaya remove my privileges. Is this accurate? Is there a way for them to restore this?

From the "list logins" command, it still shows my login name as this. Any ideas?
Code:
Login    Service        Status      Pwd. Aging  ASG Blk Expiration  No. of Sess.
         Level                      Cycle (Days)        Date        Sess.  Used

admin    super-user     active                   n  n     /  /

Hopefully your new provider is reputable and has an existing contract with Avaya. If so, they can help you with the MSP's you need. If not, welcome to the world of non-support. What's the name of your new provider?

g3v10 and higher, these are enabled and disabled with a RFA license file.

display system-parameters customer-options

DS1 MSP? y
Station and Trunk MSP? y
Processor and System MSP? y

When the above are set to "n" you cannot do a lot of maintenance commands with
customer logins. You will need a dadmin login or craft2 login.

Enable 'dadmin' Login? y

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

page 5 of 'display system cust'. Avaya dialed in sometime after you cancelled your maintenance agreement and changed 'Station & Trunk MSP?' from 'y' to 'n'. you should have disconnected or changed the POTS line into your switch the day before you dropped Avaya maintenance.

Thanks guys. I've checked my "system-parameters customer-options" and you're right, all the DS1, Station and Trunk, and processor and System MSPs are all set to N.

The "dadmin" login is set to Y however.

Now, I'll be talking with the new provider today. What's the best way to tell this to them? Should I ask for the 'dadmin' password? Or get me new MSPs? I know they are a certified Avaya partner and if not, the 1 year contract is about to expire by the end of the year.

I would say I will buy maintenance from you in exchange for a dadmin password.

Partners are not suppose to give the dadmin password out, they will be in hot water with Avaya if they find out. This is just one more thing they need control over.

Partners can assign and enable a craft2 login with a password and Pin: for customer's use that has full maintenance permissions.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

So the only way to get super-user access again is by going back to Avaya for the monthly maintenance? They cost really a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back