Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA QSIG TO NORTEL PBX PATH REPLACEMET

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongkf

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
MY
Is anybody have any info about this qsig setting on both PBX. Thanks.

You have to decide which will be the master and slave.

I have configure both system and can make test call from both system. My issue is if call from Avaya to Nortel, then tranfer back to Avaya will occupied 2 trunk channel. It doesn't do path replacement which mean doesn't drop the line.

No, not "of course". His question is legit.

QSIG PATH REPLACEMENT is supposed to optimize trunk routes when it sees a more efficient. In his case, both channels should be cleared. I've been having a similar problem. If anyone has any ideas that is familiar with QSIG Path Replacement, I'd love to hear them as well.

Kris

Is this the same as 'tromboning'? I may be wrong but I think that was solved with later switch releases. What release are you on chongkf ?

QSIG PATH REPLACEMENT is defined in the QSIG standard although not all switches of different vendors support it.
Also it depends on the implementation of the QSIG standard on both switches.

On experience I can say it is a trial and error proces to determine the right settings on BOTH switches.

In the DEFINITY play arround with the hop limit on the routing table screen.

Also I noticed somethimes I had to call from A to B and transfer from B to A again omn the same call to get it working the first time to find out what settings on the 3th party switch were of impact

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

what release are you running on the AVAYA and on the Meridian. Certain features did not work proper until R25 (Meridian) and MV1.1 (AVAYA). Were doing trials in our lab with QSIG and reporting back to AVAYA with our results.

I am a user using AVAYA 4612 IP Telephone, why i can'y change my station security code from my phone? Is there any setting? Urgent.

In CHA SYS FEAT on the Avaya, you need to assign an extension to the QSIG PATH REPLACEMENT EXTENSION field on PG 7.

On the Nortel under LD 15 (NET_DATA), look for the following:

<snip>
TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 00
OPT RTA
AC2 LOC
FNP YES
ISDN YES
PNI 1
PINX_DN 6999 <--- Path Replacement Extension
HNPA
HNXX
HLOC 1
LSC 001
RCNT 5
PSTN NO
TNDM 15 <--- Hop Count Limit
<snip>

This will assign a dummy extension to keep track of all calls that may require path replacement. I finally got it working today. Its actually pretty cool. The path doesn't get replaced until AFTER the call is connected and the systems have time to find a more efficient route.

On the Nortel, it seems to take about 10 seconds. On the Avaya, it takes about 4 seconds.

Hope this helps...

Kris

Hello,
You might have all this configured already but if you don't.
Make sure that in page 1 of trunk group you have supplementary services protocol set to B.
In page 2 make sure you have The signalling-group assigned in the NCA-TSC field. Also set Path replacement method field to always.

On the signalling-group page. Also make sure you have supplementary services protocol set to B and that NCA-TSC number is greater than 0 and the NCA-TSC trunk is the trunk group associated with.

OOPS my comments are related to Avaya definity PBX
AntBnn

Actually, if you do AS-NEEDED, I think its more flexible. ALWAYS only does it during call setup, where AS-NEEDED constantly monitors for a more efficient route.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Does anyone have any good docs on how to do a centralized audix via qsig?

I know like 1/2 the steps, but need to know if i need to do things like &quot;change isdn mwi-prefixes&quot; or &quot;change comm proc&quot;

I can't find jack squat in avaya's networking guide..

anyone that can help me?

BuckWeet

Hi can some one post the configurations from both the sides(Meridian & Avaya) for path replacement.
Thanks
Manoj

Hi,
I too would be most grateful if someone could post Avaya and Meridian configurations that actually make qsig path replacement work!

To date we have not been able to get a definitive answer from telecoms supplier on either side regarding settings for qsig path replacement extn, ARS, AAR codes (Avaya) and PINX and Steering codes (Meridian)that should ensure qsig can do its thing.

Thanks in advance
Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back