Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Prologix R9.5 Clan install

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlayton09

Technical User
Sep 14, 2010
US
I am trying to install a Clan in an old Prologix R9.5 and and having issues pinging the ip address from anything other than the gateway. I can ping the gateway and the gateway can pin me but I can't ping the clan from a device on the same router. This is what I show on the Link/Port Status screen....

Link Number: 1
Link Status: connected
Link Type: ethernet
Link Name: Garden_City_Clan
Service Port Location: 01A0317
Service Port Data Extension: 38000
Service State: in-service/idle
Node Name: Clan1
Source IP Address: 10.3.6.137
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.128
Broadcast Address: 10.3.6.255
Physical Address: 00:04:0d:4b:52:7e
Enabled? yes
Maintenance Busy? no
Active Channels: 0

Is there a reason the active channels is 0? Am I missing a step in configuring the CLan? These are the screens I used..

change node-name ip
Add ip-interface
add data next

I then made sure to go back to the ip-interface screen and enable it. Any help would be wonderful!

Rob

looks like you did everything correctly.
here's my faq.
i think the only thing different you would do is make sure that the ethernet is set to 10/Half due to the Prologix not having the tight-twisted IO cabling that's 100/Full rated.

have you disabled/enabled the board, busied the port on the C-LAN or reseated it?

I made sure the switch port is set o 10/half and I have busy and released the C-lan board but it didn't help. Couple of questions....do you think if I busy and release the switch port it might help? Secondly the Clan does not have the latest firmware on it...do you think that has anything to do with this problem?

Thanks,
Rob

Sounds like everything is correct (Blame the network (LOL); no really check out a few things below.

• Check that LAN cable
• Is there a VLAN on that switch, if yes you may need to be on it
• Are you using the correct subnet for that CLAN

Your programming looks good, I would caution to read the CLAN firmware upgrades carefully; I was advised once by Avaya to drop down to a lower firmware version because of our G3R release. Once you move to CM this should not be a problem.

The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you stop learning...

being a 9.5 release, i don't think firmware upgrades/downgrades are part of the Definity software if i remember correctly.

With a Prologix you have to enable the Packet Bus. You will need system permissions to do this. Do 'change system maintenance':

SPE OPTIONAL BOARDS
Packet Intf1? y Packet Intf2? y
Bus Bridge: 01A03 Inter-Board Link Timeslots Pt0: 6 Pt1: 1 Pt2: 1

The Packet Intf2 needs to be set to 'y'. the Bus Bridge is the slot that the C-LAN board is in.

A Definity 9.5 if fully capable of doing firmware updates.

Kevin

you're right. firmware upgrades have been available since Definity 9. even with a non-firmware upgradable C-LAN TN799C, you were able to upgrade the other 'P' boards in the switch using the TN799C to stage the firmware.

I did enable the Packet bus in the system-parameters maintenance scree like you discribed. My network guy is saying it looks like SNMP could be disabled. I have no clue where to even look for this. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back