Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Pro Vision / VUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastbusy

MIS
Nov 30, 2000
GB

Does anyone have a source ?
This is very (!) difficult to acquire.

Additionally does anyone have a source for specimen VUE certification questions (from past papers, etc.) for the Avaya Certified Call Centre Associate exam.

Cisco / Microsoft etc. are thoughtful enough to provide specimen questions for their exams, ...........

Provision is only available for AVAYA'S businesspartners and isn't sold commercially.

Rgds,

M.

... Which is really useful to Definity Engineers not working for Avaya's business partners.

Aren't Avaya brilliant

True - But put yourself in my shoes for a minute. I work directly for "the customer" as the industry likes to call it.

The industry is not geared up to be particularly helpful to engineers employed directly by customers.

We have 15 G3Si switches across Europe, offer category A - ECS - All SCCs, 4 being medium sized (4 cab. with EAS enabled). Most I&M work is performed internally, maintenance contracts only being used to ensure Lucent contact for things like init logins to change customer options / hardware replacement.

Is Avaya's partnership scheme available to us ?
Personally I doubt it, but I will check. They even double the cost of their engineer training for customers.

Maybe things are the way they are partly because of Avaya's roots, steming from what was a large private monopoly(publically owned during World War 1) with a lot of history?

Don't get me wrong. Avaya's products are great (although there is room for improvement) ... Sometimes, though, as a customer engineer, obstacles are annoying, especially when considerably fewer exist with other companies with whome we deal.

And as the customer it makes us think hard long term about the future of our voice operations, and more importantly about vendors.

Credit where it's due, though, at least Avaya are opting for open standards these days - Q-SIG for instance. This is a step in the right direction, demand lead probably.

They'll be using open standard handsets next if we're really lucky ;-)

Anyway - Enough from me - Just a few thoughts in an open forum. Avaya are great, but as with everything - could be better.

fatsbusy,

looks like DNA is something for you!!!

Hi Europe,

DNA is somthing we definitely want to investigate, yes.
I hear that Avaya Provision is more useful still, allowing PBX configs to be copied to a standard Wintel box, then back again etc.

Sounds very useful when working with lots of PBXes.

Cheers,

Giles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back