Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Pranks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Avaya

Technical User
Mar 8, 2013
US
thread690-1041780

I;ve been trying to figure out how to play an announcement after dialing someones extension. Like Jim dials Sally. When Sally picks up she hears an announcement. I have done group-paging and its nice but I wanted some variety.

Anyone have any other good pranks?

List trace station xxxx/x
An example would be list trace station 1234/7. This would activate button 1 on extension 1234.
Note: you have to add 6 to whatever button you want to press, button 1 is 7 button 24 is 30 etc…

Now here is how you can have some real fun with someone.
Go out to and find a funny number to call.
Then you put an autodial on a persons phone, say button 24, then "li trac st xxxx/30" will press the button and it will be on speakerphone.
Enjoy!

Will that work with a 4610sw voip phone? It doesnt appear to have physical feature buttons. The first number in the station is feature button is 9 not 7.
I added under feature buttons the following
9. autodial xxxxxxxxxx(phone number)

I went into emulation (blue screen) and tried typing list trace station 2536/1...2 ... and 3. None of them worked. I tried /1 /2 and /3 to see if adding 6 to make 9 would work.

Any thoughts? This is a really cool idea and Id love to get it working.

If it says button 9 on the PBX emulation, then I think you would have to do : list tra sta 2536/15

This is great but it plays over the speaker every time. I tried disabling speaker phone in tab one in avaya site admin but list trace wont work after that. How can I use this and have the user pick up the handset in order to hear the announcement?

On the IP phones I like setting up a push server then I can play alert beeps or put a variety of jpg files for the screen saver. I do this in tomcat so I can give them random images or push something specific. Our COO always thought it was funny when he would come in Monday morning and never knew what would be on his phone. I would also get on the phone with someone and start pushing alerts/beeps to the phones.

I used tomcat with PostgreSQL. Just had to make sure I encoded the data using the java URL encoder. Once the 46xxsettings.txt file is setup for registration and push everything works fine. I like tomcat logging because I can easily track what is being requested/pushed.

on cm 6 utility server can act as a PUSH SERVER.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Monty, Have you ever gotton the the sample push funtion in the utlity server to work?
I can get the phones to subcribe but the sample push application i have no joy

With the sample push I have gotten as far as getting the speaker to turn on but no audio. I still get the rror messatge

Unable to configure audio play : Unable to establish connection with TPS. Got following exception: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
I cant get past that part.

How do you use the CM 6 utility server as a push server? Can it broadcast to all phones at once?

Try adding a Signal button to your phone along with the extension of the person who you want to annoy. Providing the person is logged in and not on a call, pressing the button will emit a high pitched noise from the other person's phone. Quick and easy prank! [afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back