Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya PPM service assitance. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

prei11y92

Technical User
Oct 15, 2013
US
Hello,

I have my Aura 6.3.4 environment setup properly for the most part, SMGR, SM , CM, Pres, DHCP file server etc.. are all working ad talking to each other. Replication is working fine, synchronization is working, SIP phones register just fine etc. I can make outbound SIP calls with no issues. I have several lab phones that just refuse to download their PPM data. I keep getting the triangle with an Exclamation in the upper left corner. When I go into SM, registered users, I do a show on my one and only plugged in 9641G and it does not reflect any PPM data. I really need PPM to be working in order to get my feature buttons assigned.

Just curious if any one has a cheat sheet on what to check or other cool handy notes on how to verify that I have my environment setup properly. I am struggling on this and my hours of Google and Avaya searches are not providing anything useful on a 6.3.4 SMGR / SM environment.

THANKS Peter R.

Typically when PPM data is not sent, the Application Sequences is not configured properly. If you go through the following check list and it still does not work, then check the 46xxsettings.txt file for the CONFIG_SERVER and CONFIG_SERVER_SECURE_MODE settings. Make sure they are commented out or configured properly. With SM6.3, traceSM can now show PPM information. You should see the SIP phone initiate the "get" commands. Also, make sure there are no http/https ports being blocked between the SIP phones and SM.

Here is a check list of things related to the App Sequence:

SM:
Home / Services / Inventory / Manage Elements
-Add CM element and synchronize

Home / Elements / Routing
-Add CM SIP Entity
-Add CM Entity Link
-Add CM Routing Policy
(Dial Patterns are not needed for SIP phones, but may be added towards CM for VM and SIP trunks)

Home / Elements / Session Manager / Application Configuration
-Add Application for CM. CM SIP Entity & CM Element added previously.
-Add Application Sequence with CM App as the only sequence.

Home / Users / User Management / Manage Users
-When adding a SIP user, Origination/Termination Sequence is set to CM App Sequence

CM:
If the SIP user was added correctly, a SIP station should also be added to CM.
Ch station xxxx (sip phone previously created in SM)
-pg6 SIP Trunk: AAR

ch trunk x (x= trunk group created for SM)
-Numbering Format=private

ch route x (x= route pattern added for SM)
-Group No = SIP trunk to SM that matches the SIP entity created in SM; FRL=0; Numbering Format=Lev0-pvt

ch aar analysis 0
-dial string created for sip extension range with route pattern created previously for SM and Call Type=lev0

ch private-numbering 0
-create Ext Code that matches the sip extension range

Items that are usually missed when setting up an Aura SIP phone environment are the last two.

OK Redphone, what is your favorite beverage!!! PPM working like a champ !!!
THANK YOU!! literally started the instant I made the two last changes in your above response

again that is huge

- PR

Private Numbering is the first place to look when you have PPM issues.

Add to that too - if you have SIP contact center agents and you buttons dont work when they are logged in - check Private Numbering for the Agent ID ranges too, not just the extension ranges.

Thanks PABXdude, I will keep this in mind moving forward. I am psyched to see all my AST devices show up properly, rebooting endpoints and reload endpoint configs from SM is working fine now, glad to put this mystery to rest now.

thanks PR

Thanks very much for the very organized post, it's great.
However I have two questions.
1 which document contains all this procedure?
2 if I have two session managers? how can i make them redundant for stations that doesn't support entering multiple SIP registerars IP like One-X Communicator for iOS or for MAC?
I hope you guys can help me.
thanks,
S

I do not know of any one document containing the entire procedure, unless there is an application note out there that I am unaware of. Here is one of many that may help: Implementing End-to-End SIP. Search the Avaya support website for others.

If you have multiple SM's, provision the User Profile with the Primary SM, Secondary SM, and any survivable servers. Enter only the Primary SM IP address for the Server on the endpoint. Avaya SIP endpoints use SIP SUBSCRIBE for registration information from SM, and in return SM will send SIP NOTIFY messages to the endpoints with available servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back