Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner R6 - #203 RCF issue and Group Voicemail Light condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

endel2005

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2013
US
I have an old phone system im dealing with and its been a coon's age since I programmed an Avaya Partner R6. I have 2 issues.

1. I think I have a #203 issue on a remote call forwarding. It actually works perfectly but every now and then there are flashing lights and you have to click each line and hangup to get it to clear. It seems I have run across this before and think I decreased the MS for #203, any advice would be helpfuly.

2. I know you can do this issue on R7 or is it R8 but not sure about R6. Is there a way on R6 to do either of the listed below?
program a button to show light condition RED for a different extensions voicemail? such was for example showing red light on a button for extension 40 when extension 10 has voicemail or something

background: I have group's 72, and 73 and both have a voicemail box and would like to program buttons to show light condition if they have voicemail. Seems Ive done this before but not sure if R6 is the issue or not.

#2...As far as I know, R6 and older models do not have the ability to indicate the voice-mail status LED on a different set. [Ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Lighting the MW light is a function of the Voicemail, not the ACS.

None of the Voicemails have the ability to light the MW light of a different extension, except for a couple of work arounds.

On a Partner, #09 followed by an extension number will turn on the NW light. If your voicemail has outcalling, you can set the outcalling string to manually light the light at a particular extension, but you will manually have to turn it off after checking the message, which can be programmed on a button on the phone.

On Partner Messaging, you have 4 General Mailboxes, designed to be the default Dial-0/Timeout destination for the Night Mode of each of the 4 Auto Attendants. You can set a different Owner of each General Mailbox, to receive the Message Waiting light. So you can make a selector code do a mailbox transfer to 9991/9992/9993/9994.

Partner Messaging R6 and R7 have "phantom mailbox", where you reach a mailbox, hear the mailbox's greeting, but when you leave your message it goes into a different mailbox. So you could have Mailbox 72 answer the call and play the greeting, have the incoming message go into mailbox 9992, and light up the light at Ext. 14. Ext. 14 would check both their personal mailbox and 9992 as a normal course of business. (Of course, you could just have Mailbox 72 put the incoming message directly into Ext. 14's mailbox, if it is OK to comingle the messages)

Thanks TouchToneTommy, im assuming those options are in the voicemail programming? The system has the full partner messaging with the whole hidden option 9 etc.

Any one have any ideas on this issue?

"I think I have a #203 issue on a remote call forwarding. It actually works perfectly but every now and then there are flashing lights and you have to click each line and hangup to get it to clear. It seems I have run across this before and think I decreased the MS for #203, any advice would be helpfuly.

If you're not receiving the Open Loop Disconnect from the telephone company, you're always going to come in to lines locked up that you have to manually release. Set the Hold Disconnect Time to be LOWER than what you are receiving from the phone company, but if you're not receiving it, you're done.

When you log into mailbox 0 on Partner Messaging, instead of pressing 9 for the programming menu, press 7 and you will hear the release of the VM that you are dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back