Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner ACS Voice Mail Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmb

Programmer
May 31, 2003
US
Hi,

We have an ancient Avaya Partner ACS R4.0 system, 1 main system unit, 2 308EC R3.0 units,
a 400EC R3.1 module which apparently is not in use, and
a Partner Messaging R1 module with a PCMCIA card.

- The voicemail has stopped answering.
- Incoming calls ring 4 times, and then (when the voicemail would usually pick up) the call is dropped.
- Int 777 rings busy.

I take it that the Partner Messaging R1 module has gone bad.

We have several spare Partner Messaging R1 modules. What would be involved in replacing one? Is there any documentation available? Any reprogramming necessary?

At a minimum, and this is most important, until we can replace the phone system, how can I increase the number of rings before the voice mail system would have answered?

Thanks in advance.

Try swapping the PCMCIA card first, they enable the ports for voicemail service and sometimes are no longer recognized.

Otherwise, in programming #206-7-{LineNumber}-2 (Unassigned) will remove lines from being routed to the Automated Attendant.

If you don't use a Night Service button, you could also use VMS Hunt Schedule, set it to Night Only, and since you never press a physical "Night" button, calls again won't be routed to the Auto Attendant. #507-{LineNumber}-3 (Night Only)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I neglected to mention that the "spare" Partner Messaging R1 module is actually from another site. It's a spare in the sense that the site closed some time ago so that phone system is no longer in use.

So if I swap the PCMCIA card with another, will the programming be entirely different? Should I try to reseat the PCMCIA card first? Move it to the other slot? (after turning off the power, of course). Where does the Avaya store the voicemail programming anyway? Does it have a hard drive in it?

Thanks.

The VM's PCMCIA card is the license for the ports, and can be used for backup and restore. The AA and Mailboxes are held on the hard drive of the module itself. So you can freely swap the cards and not affect the programming stored on the hard drive. Be sure that the number of port licenses is the same, otherwise you will need to add/delete extension ports from #505-7

Hi,

Unfortunately the number of ports on the spare PCMCIA card is nowhere near the number of ports we need. We have > 30 ports in use.

But I swapped the cards just to see what would happen. Auto attendant still did not pick up.

I moved the PCMCIA card to the other port and it didn't make any difference.

Is there a way to tell for sure whether it's the card or the voice messaging unit itself? Like a bad hard drive?

I'm going to remove the lines from the automated attendant as per your first post.

Thanks.

Hi,

I did #206-7-{LineNumber}-2 (Unassigned) on all incoming lines, but the phone system is still hanging up after 5 rings.

Is there another setting that controls the maximum number of rings?

#320 is set to 2 which is the default, but it rings 5 times. Would like it to ring 9 times.

Thanks

With the VM module not functioning properly, it would be best to just simply remove it from the carrier until your resolve its issues.

Perhaps use #301 to remove all lines from the VM ports on the module, and double check that #208 does not have any lines being sent to a mailbox instead of to the Auto Attendant via #206-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back