Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner ACS R8.0 and MOH - music on hold. How do I connect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

euromade

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2017
US
Hello,
I hope someone can help me with my Music on Hold project.

I have two phone systems I'm trying to enable with the MOH at two retail locations.

First Location:

I have a "household grade" amplifier that provides overhead (XM Satellite) music over a few home theater speakers. This amplifier has the TAPE OUT PORT (RCA L+R) and I could utilize this port to provide the music feed to the phone system. I have noticed the Music on Hold RCA input on the Avaya. Do I need to use something like the Bogen WMT1A between the amplifier and the phone system? If so, how do I adapt the screw terminals on WMT1a OUT to RCA IN the Avaya?

Second Location:
The same phone system however, we have one Bogen TPU-35B in place. The Bogen AMP providers overhead music and paging. We have an XM Radio player connected straight into the Bogen. There is an Aux out on the right side of the Bogen AMP to connect the WMT1A. Again, how do I connect the 600Ohm leads from the WMT1A to the RCA MUSIC ON HOLD RCA port on the phone system?

Thanks a lot!

You do not need a matching transformer, just be sure there isn't a molded insulation on the outside of the RCA outer contact that will prevent it from seating into the recessed RCA jack on the ACS

For the 2nd location, you could run an RCA from the amp to the ACS, but the callers on hold would hear the pages. The XM radio has a stereo output, send one channel to the amp for background music, and the other to the ACS for MOH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back