Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya paging issues basic mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryezak

Technical User
Jul 1, 2008
I installed 18 digital 1416 phones with 5 co lines and the software is 8.1.63 in basic mode.
On the combo card I have extension 16 set as the Paging Overhead speaker which connects to a Bogen isolating transformer.
I am trying to simultaneously page all phones and the external interM PA amp connected to the ext 16.
I made a calling list with all the phones and am using the *70 or in manager the simultaneous page button.
Issues: The page is intermittent and the Page button on the phone does not even respond.
ANy ideas on how to get my paging to work consistently?

Is basic mode on the Avaya ip office 500 not even usable ?
Will my issues go away by using the essential license? then using short codes to page?

Any help would be appreciated as I am ready to pull it out and install a different PBX.
Thanks.

Is basic mode the issue? I only put it in this mode to emulate the last key system.
How do I get paging to work consistently?

I can tell you that shortcode paging works. I have never touched a basic mode (thank God for that) so I am not of much help with this.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Is basic mode on the Avaya ip office 500 not even usable ?
I know many people (myself included) who would say not.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I would try upgrading to 8.1.79. Not sure if this is what is going on for you.

IPOFFICE-49804 IP Office Basic Edition fails on "Page All" when a station is disconnected.

It was a listed bug fix.

Think twice, speak once~~!!~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back