Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya P333R & P333T interVLAN ROuting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamoan

MIS
Sep 7, 2001
EU
I'm looking for some help in setting up inter VLAN routing. I understand the theory behind this but I've never worked with an Avaya product. Does anyone have a sample config or a link to a sample config. I have looked on the Avaya website but have not found anything
TIA

Did you have any luck , I am looking for the same example or sample config I do have an P550R and 2*P333R's to play with and get it running.

Regards
Len

I'm currently trying to do something similar. have 3 sets of stacks that uplink into a p332ml fiber switch. What I need to do is setup up some sort of trunking so that any stack can support the same vlan for example stack 1 vlan 2 ports can talk to stack's 3 vlan 2 ports. (hope this makes sense

adacosta,

To set a port as a trunk you type

set port trunk [module/port] dot1q

You can then bind that trunk to all vlans or just the vlans you have configured on the box by typing:

set port vlan-binding-mode [bind-to-all or bind-to-configured]

I was able to resolve this. What I did was in the Routing mode I created an Interface for Vlan 1 and give it an IP address that was valid for vlan 1. While in that interface the important command that binds L2/3 is ip vlan 1
config

Interface VLAN1
ip vlan name vlan1
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.248.0
ip vlan 1
Interface VLAN2
ip vlan name vlan2
ip address 10.0.8.1 255.255.248.0
ip vlan 2

I hope that this helps someone

Status
Not open for further replies.