Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya OneX portal install

Status
Not open for further replies.

seapro220

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
US
hello all -

hopefully someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong. we just installed the latest version of Avaya IP Office (9.1) which includes voicemail pro. at the installation time we weren't wanting to do any features like 'click to dial', 'phone manager' or many of the other features that I think are utilized by the One X portal. I've reviewed the documentation and have the 'hardware' required and we are less than 300 users for our installation. as part of the requirements, iis with compatibility mode has to be installed and the installation of voicemail pro needs to be modified to include voicemail pro compaign along with the web voicemail process. I'm stuck on the iis - although I've already selected all the compatibility options allowed but the installation won't let me continue. i'm using a windows 2008R2 server. is there something strange or different about making this change (to iis for compatibility) that i'm missing?

thanks,
mark

Just install an application server. You'll sleep so much better. You really need a bp

Now experiencing escalation fatigue.

I thought I'd list the server info - in case somebody saw something there ..

virtual server 4K ram, 60Gb drive, running windows 2008 R2 datacenter.

Onex portal needs IIS & other prerequisites
these need to be installed BEFORE VM Pro
if you already have VM Pro installed then I am afeaid the only option is to back it up, uninstall, reconfigure the server & then reinstall

This is why the smart money says use Applicatin server whenever possible , even if at the time you only want VM Pro because One-X & call recoder are installed & ready to go should you ever decide to upgrade to using them.

to pi=ut it simply "It Just Works :) "

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I'd thought that might be the case, but didn't want to have to 'tear down' and restart again. If I choose to do this, then I presume VMPro is this only app and I can leave the 'manager' portion alone? I'd of course follow the following steps (advise if different) ..
1. backup/copy data from the c:\prog..\ip office\voicemail pro\ directory to another location.
2. remove vmpro as a app from server.
3. restart server and initiate the vmpro software - including what the vendor should have done initially.
4. over-write the directories with my previous data.
5. restart the server - if need be.

BTW - what are you referring to as an "application server". something different? please explain ..

thanks -

Holy Crap !! Just hire a business partner ! Or don't take anyone's advice here and just keep asking ignorant questions over and over...

"Never fear billing a client for services rendered, or they will think your time is worthless"

One-x is not an application for an end user to install

if it was part of your orriginal specification then your installer should have configued everything, get thenm back to complete the instalation correctly

if One-x was not part of the original specification then you cannot blame them for not having added extras to your server that would not have been necessary at that time.
Pay then the extra to upgrade & install one-x correcty, (ask about transitioning to Apps server as this will be a better solution ofr everyone)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back