Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya One-X Mobile Preferred Connectivity Issues 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM0nty

Technical User
Mar 1, 2018
US
Long time listener first time caller......

IP Office R9.1.8 One-X and VM Pro on Windows Server 2008 application server. I can login with Communicator Client on my desk top(this is on a different subnet than the IP office) and I can login with communicator on my laptop( this is a wireless connection on a different subnet then the PBX and desk top). However, I cannot get One-X Mobile app to connect on the same wireless connection as my laptop. I get the "Failed to retrieve XMPP account info from "Domain name:9443"" error.

To the best of my knowledge, internally, we aren't blocking any ports. However, to get to the PBX and App server, we leave my location via the outside world, to one of our "Public" IP address'. I know in some instances a split DNS is necessary. I have tried with and without validating certificates and secure connection enabled. Any thought or advice would be greatly appreciated

AIPS,Exaqvision, Pelco, Paxton Certified. ACSS (currenty expired)

When doing - Domainname:9443/onexportal.html do you get to the onex portal login page?

Failed to retrieve XMPP, are you using username and login code or ext and login to register the one X mobile app?

If in Sys mon you set sip in Verbose mode and monitor it as the connection comes in it should give you an indication why its failing.

Thank you

ACSS (Manieee on a new account)

windows server 2008 or Applications server? the 2 are mutually exclusive!

split DNS so that you connect to an internal IP address would be my 1st recommendation, tromboning/hair-pinning the connection like you are currently doing does not seem like a good idea to me & may cause problems

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

[highlight #CC0000]Manie3 (TechnicalUser) 1 Mar 18 16:36

When doing - Domainname:9443/onexportal.html do you get to the onex portal login page?

Failed to retrieve XMPP, are you using username and login code or ext and login to register the one X mobile app?

If in Sys mon you set sip in Verbose mode and monitor it as the connection comes in it should give you an indication why its failing.

Thank you

[/highlight]

I cannot get to the login page using that address. Using Login Name and login code. I will try to connect with sys mon running those filters. Thank you!

[highlight #FCE94F]IPGuru (Vendor) 2 Mar 18 10:40

windows server 2008 or Applications server? the 2 are mutually exclusive!

split DNS so that you connect to an internal IP address would be my 1st recommendation, tromboning/hair-pinning the connection like you are currently doing does not seem like a good idea to me & may cause problems[/highlight]

The Windows server 2008 is the operating system of the server running the One-X Application. I am working with the guy who manages our Firewalls and Network this morning, a split DNS is on or list of things to try. I will let everyone know what we figure out, in hopes of providing guidance for someone else. Thank you!

@JM0nty - Did you try they domainname:9443/Onexportal.html from your laptop on the Wifi sorry should have made that clearer in the previous post?

Thank you

ACSS (Manieee on a new account)

I talked with our network guy, he said we are communicating between the to places via an IPsec VPN. So the network, really doesn't see the traffic coming in as an outside source.... And he also confirmed that internally, we are not blocking any ports.

@Manie3- I get a connection timeout notification in the browser...

@Manie3- This is something I'm seeing on Sys Mon

11:35:13 164233496mS RES4: XML MemObjs=63 PoolMem=4748404(2) FreePoolMem=4733100(0)
11:35:13 164233496mS RES5: CLog MemObjs=501 FreePoolMem(Objs)=5148(99) TotalMem=134800
11:35:19 164240965mS PRN: TLS:Alert Src="PBX address":8443 Dst="Mobile Device address":39258 Code=46 Level=Fatal
11:35:19 164240965mS ERR: TLS:Fatal Error on connection Src=PBX Address:8443 Dst="Mobile Device Address":39258

one-X Mobile works by talking to the one-X Portal first, which includes in its response the FQDN of the IP Office system. If you can't browse to the one-X Portal even then you're not going to get one-X Mobile going.

The one-X Portal probably needs its XMPP domain and host domain names configured and they need to be correctly routed by your networks DNS.

Communicator would provide further clues, whilst you say it was able to log in, did it show any presence functions? (it works the other way round by registering with the IP Office which then tells its where to find the one-X Portal).

Until you have one-X Portal access confirmed both locally and through the tunnel no point in doing anything else.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@sizbut-

Yes, with Communicator I can use things such as IM, etc......

@All, Sizbut hit the nail on the head. I wasn't aware of the reversal with the mobile client. I changed the direction of the domain name to the server hosting one-x and Eureka! I feel like fool, but that aside, glad its working... Thank you all for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back