Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya one x attendant with telcommuter no call waiting sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazling

Technical User
Jun 4, 2007
GB
Hi All

can any one help. We have a one x attendant using telecommuter and have no sound on call waiting i.e beeps. The sound card works fine when you use the audio wizard. Has anyone had this problem and solved the issue

Thanks

Daryl

Have you by any chance just started using a windows 7 pc for this application. ?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Hi
they have been using windows 7 for a while

Thanks

Daryl

What call flow leads you to expect a call waiting tone? Is it a second call to the main # or a second call pressing 0 that routes to the console that has you expect a tone to indicate that? My understanding is that the telecommuter part just routes speech path to the extension and nothing else. If you had to initiate the action from the application to answer that call, then my thinking would be it would only alert in the application and not on the phone.

Hi Kyle555
Yes the voice will always go through the handset but one x attendant should provide a sound to alert when there are calls waiting from my understanding.

Thanks

Daryl

I'm glad I haven't had to play with one-x attendant in a while - but as far as I recall, it plays a loud horn-like noise out of the pc speaker, not the phone call you're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back