Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya One-X 4610 QE Firmware Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTCInc

Vendor
Feb 7, 2007
US
Does anyone have information or a procedure to upgrade the firmware on a 4610 One-X telephone? The system does not want to register the phone to the network.
Thank you

Before you do it I assume you want to make it register with the IP Office now? If not don't use the above and also I can't help...sorry :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

No, they are using the One-X G11 PSTN Gateway. Not IP Office. Is there a different upgrade for this?

What is exactly the problem with the phone? Did it ever work?
Upgrading will not solve a configuration error.

Is it connected through a managed switch. if so, turn off IGMP snooping on the switch

Is the Phone regsitered to the same site as the gateway?

Else, follow Toms advice

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

If they are happy with the solution then why advise them to go to IP Office? Try to help them to solve the problem instead being a f*ing salesman as someone called them in another post.

intrigrant, the phone powers up but it will not register to the network. The other phones are a Version 7 and this one is a V6. We assumed the firmware was the issue.

If they are happy with the solution then why advise them to go to IP Office? Try to help them to solve the problem instead being a f*ing salesman as someone called them in another post."

it was a lighthearted post. no need to be a d*ck about it.

Steady Gentleman......let's not have handbags at dawn within the MVP's :)

*Gentlemen

I have had a bad day and i don't want to argue with my wifeso i get rid of my frustrations here....:)

@MTCInc, i have to dig in the docs, i have to see if i can be any help for you tommorow.

intrigrant, thanks in advance. I thought this would be much easier than I thought. I appreciate all responses.
Please let me me know what you come up with.
Have a good night everyone.

R7 ??
the highest version on the Quick Edition is 4.0.2520 is your phone a real QE phone or is it a 4610 without the sticker of Quick Edition in the back?
Has it ever worked on that site?
If in doubt unplug then plug it in and hold the options button then it will ask you if you want to reset the phone and if you do that then you can re-register it to the community.

Hey Intrigrant: smart move not to argue with the Mrs. :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS (they told me twice so I guess it is tru that I am ACSS)

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

MPV
married person v.....

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS (they told me twice so I guess it is tru that I am ACSS)

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

I have a softwarebuild 7_4_0GA, can this help you?
I have no additional information regarding troubleshooting the One-X system.

When you apply power to the phoen what happens.

If I recall correctly, you can't upgrade a phone without it being part of a site.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back