Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Office Relocation / Move 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

simoncpage2

Programmer
Feb 21, 2004
Looking to move offices and we are taking IP Office with us. We have a new ISDN setup with the DDI on. Can someone tell me (apart from the individual phone config) what I need to change for my configuration so I don't miss anything - is it simple?

Thanks
Simon

make routes for the new numbers and point them to the appropriate destination. providing users/extns etc are staying the same

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

When I plug the IP office into the new ISDN will it automatically pick up the new numbers and it's just a case of updating the routes with new number (the last 2 digits are staying the same).

correct.

they only other thing you may want to look at is what number people want to present when they dial out.

check each user for shortcodes. and change them if necessary.

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

You will need to add the numbers manually, it will pick up the new line automatically but it will not recognise the number it's coming in on so all calls will follow the "Any voice" route if you have one.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Wow thanks for the quick reply.

One last question - how long do you think this will
take as a job for 20 lines?

depends. would take me 5 minutes :)

but allow half an hour and you will be alright

arsene knows......

no worries.

if you get stuck post here

arsene knows......

Make sure nobody loses the licence dongle if you have one, often happens with office moves, that will really ruin your day!!

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

ha ha.

sure will.

arsene knows......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back