Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya: number 1 at the head of vdn 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck_Soon

Technical User
Oct 13, 2021
VN
what is the difference between vdn 5551184000 and vdn 15551184000, what is the role of number 1 here?

All depends on you dial plan.
You can have VDN and extension how ever you want them.
But they may point to the same vector or what ever, but they will report as separate numbers.

as I see, It works as each other but in some configurations only can config 15551184000, I still don't know why.

You can run a CM station trace to determine what things are doing in your environment.

your dial access code is 1 isn't it? I'm assuming they did it that way for end users....

How do you dial an outside line? It is usually with a 9 or a 1 example 1+8008881255 or 9+8008881255. This can be viewed with command: change feature-access-code

You are looking for: auto route selection (ars) access code

Access code 1: *9, what is the meaning *9 here?

I guess you need to ask the individual who built the system why they set up the VDNS that way or check out your CDR reports to discover who is dialing them and ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back