Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Messaging Graph integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaguy23

Systems Engineer
May 30, 2018
US
I am working on integrating Avaya Messaging 10.8 into O365 using Microsoft Graph. Has anyone successfully been able to pull this off? My environment requires all traffic to go through a proxy for HTTP/HTTPS traffic. We also have an implicant deny statement for all other outbound internet traffic unless firewall rules are opened. I feel this is common practice. The server itself is on the inside network and not in the DMZ. Avaya does not provide much documentation on what ports/IPs/URLS for integrating O365 into Microsoft graphs. Avaya logs are basically next to worthless. It just says "connect failure." I couldn't find anything in the proxy logs or firewall logs that are showing things are being blocked. Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

I have opened up the following for the firewall based on the deployment guide
source: server ip
destination: outlook.office365.com
TCP port 993

Proxy rules opened based on Splunk/packet capture
source: server IP
destination: destination: destination:

10.8 GA doesn't work. But it's not terribly hard to get up.

It's a PITA of you don't have open outward access to the internet because MS might use different IPs for those FQDNs at any point in time.

Avaya's recommendation is to upgrade to Avaya Messaging 11.0 which is supposed to be released today.

10.8 SU1 or SP1 is enough. I got it working on 10.8 GA with custom patches.

Turns out the O365 team didn't setup the Graph account with the correct permissions. I would recommend anyone working with O365 to request at least global reader access in Azure. It will make your life a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back