Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA Magix Remote Site Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

YooperKen

Technical User
May 17, 2016
US
thread688-1777197
Just a follow up to the above noted thread (thought inquiring minds might want to know the outcome).

So, as of today, after a long haul of tech support (Citel-MCK), experimentation, equipment purchases, installation, and configuration our remote site phones are totally operational as an extension (actually 24 extensions) of our old, existing AVAYA Magix PBX system running through our server network and fiber to our remote business site.

I was very happy with the recommendations and support I received from this tech forum along with the superb assistance of the tech engineers (it took more than one) at Citel in configuring and implementing this 'new' addition to our 'old' system.

The final configuration consists of:
2 - MCK 12 Port PBXGateways
2 - MCK 12 Port Extenders
1 - AVAYA 024 TDL module
4 - 50 pair telco cables
2 - Custom wired, 24 port patch panels (I built those to interface the Gateways and Extenders to the PBX and phone extensions)
20 - AVAYA 4412D+ phone sets.

I'm a happy fella today[thanks]

Yooper Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back