Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya licensing is making me grow grey hairs at 26 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloose

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2006
US
Ok so im pulling all my hair out and slitting my wrists, This Avaya Licensing is a damn joke.

There has to be something Im doing wrong I cannot believe Avaya can sell a product without every customer screaming.

Randomly throughout the week, month, year, day The IP403 decides oh hey Im not licensed and decides to invalidate the licensing. Now thats not entirely correct, I dont know when its happening for sure as I am very busy and most of the time im doing reactive reboots and such. Yes I have done the whole plug un plug reboot start services thing and it fixes it... temporarly... Then when the server reboots sometimes it dosent link back up.

Like today for example, The Key server service was red (thats good) and the PBX said Invalid licenses... So I reboot the PBX... Still invalid... ooookay, so I reboot the server, then the PBX, Still invalid so im like ooooooooooookay then I remove the dongle, plug it back in, and reboot the PBX and bam its good again... This licensing is a joke, cant they just have you plug something into the damn pbx? I cant deal with this. Someone please please help me.

aarenot, Thank you for that wonderful criticism. Im asking for help. why else would I be on a forum looking for help?

Anyway. The licenses are showing Valid now that I set up a seperate box runing nothing but the licensing, pluged directly into the IP403 using half duplex. So thank you all for helping me with that. There is however another problem which I will post seperatly. It appears my problems were two-fold.

aloose,
Eight of the top 0.003% of the over 12,000 members responded, and told you to get the system up to spec or you will have issues.
In response to your question
" Im asking for help. why else would I be on a forum looking for help? "

Well, since you got help, but did not listen I assume you are hear to be told what you want to hear otherwise you would be doing what you were advised to do.

To re-re-re-re-reiterate, get a dedicated server for the Avaya software which specifies this like the VMPRO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back