Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya J139 Series Showing as Standard SIP 4

J8uppy95

Systems Engineer
Aug 5, 2024
GB
I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue before? We've got several sites connected to an IP Office over a VPN which work fine, all sites are using a mix of J139's and J179's - All of the phones show on system status as SIP Feature. The customer has a new site but when registering a phone over the VPN, it's showing as "standard SIP" and not "SIP feature", so no features are available on the phone. My thoughts are certain ports are potentially being blocked (8411?) locally. Unfortunately we don't look after their local network/firewall. I've tried running a monitor trace but I can't see any reasons as to why it's showing as a standard SIP device. The 46xxsettings are autogenerated and the phones are using TCP. Any suggestions are welcome, thank you.

Sounds to me that the phones are not getting the 46xxsettings.txt file over the VPN at the new site

Yeah it's quite strange, the phones do upgrade at the new site, it's just when they login they have no features.

What is the model number for these phones? Is it 700513917 or something else?

Yeah that's correct, the model number is 700513917

Well I think that is your problem right there. That is a 3PCC type phone that uses open sip.

The model you want is 700513916 (not 700513917)

That's the first I've heard of that. Is there a way of checking through SSA/Monitor what product ID the other phones are (the ones which are working) so I can compare them? Thanks for your help

It's a common mistake, our materials department orders those phones before and caused a lot of headaches trying to find out what the hell was going on.

Think the only way is to check the back of the phones. Just look at one that is working and another that is not working. The phone that is working is most likely 3916 whereas the one that is not working is most likely ending in 3917.

Ha, thank you so much I've been scratching my head all weekend! Legend, thanks!

Turn off 802, then the phone will got 46xxsettings and updating, then back it to auto. the phone now working on feature SIP .

@William_C290 - Before posting read the whole thread. The particular phone (700513917) is an 3PCC variant, it can't be changed. Only the non-3PCC variants such as 700513916 can be made to switch between IP Office, Aura, OpenSIP modes.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back