Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ISDN phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmfrazz

Programmer
May 6, 2011
US
I am having a rough go with an ISDN avaya phone. All of a sudden when users go to dial out, a message says "voice calls restricted." This is the only way they can see call logs as there is no caller ID. Any ideas?

I had some 8510T sets once that would do that. I had to set the SPID's on the sets again for the calls to go out and CID to work on the logs. If they loose power or just get unplugged, you will see this.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Thank you. Now, if I might be so bold as to ask - How do you reset the SPID's on these phones? I'm so used to PRI's and caller ID - I never had to worry about this before. Thank you SO much for your help!!!!

8500 series terminal and adjuncts

ISDN 8500 Series Telephones, Definity G3: 8510T "Voice call blocked" Needs SPID programmed.

Document Id: KB01003687
Last Modified Date: 11-02-2008
Support Goal(s): Definity G3, ISDN 8500 Series Telephones
Access Level: External Entitled

Version-Release

ISDN 8510T.

Details

Needs SPID programmed.

Description (Problem Clarification)

User received new 8510T set to replace defective 8510T set and now it gets "Voice call blocked" when using new phone.

Resolution Plan

1. Press Menu.
2. Press Mute.
3. Press 43.
4. Press *.
5. Enter digits from display station form on the bottom of the first page for the new SPID.
6. Press # to save.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back