Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO UCM SMTP logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

havonasun

Vendor
Mar 20, 2004
US
After a few days of struggling, I was able to revive a UCM for a customer. The drive was full. I found the culprit was SMTP logs in /opt/vmpro/logs. They were taking up 15GB of space for only a few days worth of logs. Each log contained the data for the audio file attachment after sending the email (vm -> em). I was able to gain root access (another story), and delete the offenders which restored service. I don't know why this started happening, or how to prevent it. Any ideas?

If I can't find an appropriate setting, I suppose I could build a cron job to take care of it.

V8.1 btw

Use the web manager or the voicemail pro client and in Administration, Preferences, General, look at the SMTP email settings and deselect the logging, save and make live, and restart the voicemail pro service.

This really should only be enabled for troubleshooting anyways.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back