Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO 500V2 R9 How to check and modify outgoing call configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg S

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2023
US
Hi, I have an Avaya 500V2 that was installed three years ago. There are three digital lines and one analog line that is used for faxes. The company that installed the system is unresponsive to requests for help and I'm hoping that I can get some guidance, here. Here's the setup. I have three lines. Lines 1 and 2 are set up in a hunt group and work correctly. Line three is a direct line to the manager's office. Here's the issue. Line 3 receives calls correctly. For outgoing calls, if line 1 or line 2 is available, line 3 can make an outgoing call. If both line 1 and line 2 are busy, line 3 cannot make an outgoing call.

I'm the IT manager for this company and can make basic changes to the system. However, doing something at the line level is beyond me. I don't even know what questions to ask. Can someone give me insight as to where I can see the configuration of the line behavior? Possibly give me some insight as to what to look for that may not be set up correctly for line 3?

Thanks, in advance.
Greg

You didn't actually say what you want to achieve - though I assume its let the Manager also use line 3 for outgoing calls when the other two lines are in use.

We would also need to know what mode of operation the IP Office is running in: Basic Edition or other. If Basic Edition, PBX mode or Key System mode.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi Greg,

I take it that you are based in the UK? Can you confirm that the system is indeed using three digital lines? I note the mention of one separate analogue line for the fax. Usually digital lines i.e. ISDN will come in multiples of 2. If you have a 2 Channel ISDN2 then that would be the limiting factor as to why a third call cannot be made once lines 1 and 2 are in use. Does the Manager's office phone display a message such as "Waiting For Line" when you try to make the call?
It's possible to check the amount of BRI/ISDN2 Lines from the IPO Manager software. If you pop me an email I can send you a screenshot of where this is (rstamp@connexusuk.com). This would confirm whether the issue is less of a configuration problem, and more of a limitation based on the current amount of lines that you have.

Best regards,
Ryan

Thanks for the responses. It was simply a matter of changing the 'outgoing' setting on line 3 to match the outgoing setting on lines 1 and 2. All three lines can now make calls, even when other lines are busy. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back