Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO 11.1.3 with workplace in IOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

amranbaluchi

Programmer
Aug 29, 2015
OM
hello all,

I just upgraded our Avaya IPO to the latest 11.1.3 and am trying to register Avaya workplace as a sip user I can register it on my PC which is win 10, but my iPhone, keep giving me an error that says the invalid username and password, even I am using the same extension number in my PC it works fine, tried every possible way, but couldn't find anything, anyone faced the same ???

need help :(

Need a lot more info.
1. What release did you upgrade from?
2. Was Workplace working on your iphone before the upgrade?
3. Are you on prem or off?
4. Using Wifi or Cellular?
5. What version of Workplace? Did you update it after the upgrade?
6. Do you have an SBC?
7. Did you try logging in the iphone to Workplace first on prem on Wifi?

"It's all ball bearings these days" Fletch F. Fletch

Is the password something basic like 1234? If so, try a more sophisticated password.

@sheldoom

Thanks for the replay find below:

1. What release did you upgrade from?
it was on 9.1 upgraded to 11.1.3 a new SD card reformatted and recreated

2. Was Workplace working on your iPhone before the upgrade?
did not tested but the strange case the same user its working with android devices and win 10 PC but when trying the same in iPhone it didn't work

3. Are you on prem or off?
prem

4. Using Wifi or Cellular?
Wi-Fi in the same network

5. What version of Workplace?
Did you update it after the upgrade? 3.34

6. Do you have an SBC?
no

7. Did you try logging in the iphone to Workplace first on prem on Wifi?
wifi

did not tested but the strange case the same user its working with android devices and win 10 PC but when trying the same in iPhone it didn't work"

Not strange at all. iOS/macOS are the leaders in being strict about things like password and certificate requirements. And username/password fail is just a general catchall for something went wrong with login that the app can apply even if the details are valid.

Apple went through a process of tightening up the maximum age (number of days) they would accept for certificates. If you're using the IP Office self-generated certificates, the ones that it generated for 9.1 and which have probably been inherited by the now 11.1 system may no longer match the iOS requirements.

However, before generating new certs, the best step at the moment would be to run IP Office System Monitor and try to capture a trace of the SIP registration failure. That will hopefully tell you, and if necessary us, a lot more about the actual cause of failure.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@sizbut

Even in release 9.1, the system was using a self-signed certificate, even though for 11.1.3 using the same also tried registering with TLScand imported IPO certificate but still, the twist is just found in 11.1.3 it mentioned that workplace will work only with IOS 14 and 15 and both those are outdated !!!!

this could be the reason???

Unlikely, an iOS version incompatibility will usually show up as Workplace simply not running at all.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back