Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA -IP TRUNK H323 ASTERISK

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamosalavaya

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2004
NL
Hi all
I wonder how i can connect an asterisk pbx to an avaya s8700 by H323IP trunk. I know how to setup avaya but no how to setup h323.conf and extensions.conf on asterisk.
I need to knwo how asterisk will understand that an h323 call arriving from avaya, and how to route asterisk outbound calls to avaya.

Thanks to all to build this forum day after day

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think this is possible. Avaya's H.323 is proprietary, so its not going to talk to the H.323 on the Asterisk box. Your best bet is to use either T1 or analog ties to the Asterisk box, and then IP from there. I believe Avaya has future plans to support more SIP stuff, which would be open, but not sure when.

Hi,
In fact h323 is propriatary for station not for IP Trunk.
I try today to make an ip trunkk betwen Avaya and my wotrkstation and netmeeting on and it works !

regards

Just in more, AVAYA H323 is not propriatary, by example, you have some application like IPSOFTPHONE or IPAGENT and they use the microsoft H323 protocol.

Thanks Legethi to help three times today.
do you think i can connect to avaya without Avaya ip softphone ?
If yes. how ?

Frenchideas, As I know, it's not possible because avaya system use a dedicated station type in station MASK. The only possibility than you could have is to found a software using this protocol and allow you to set a provider ip address with login and password.
If I found one, I'll go to keep you in know

Telecom Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back