Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ip phone j129 no sip proxy configure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

activenew

Technical User
Apr 13, 2015
SA

Hello all,

we are encounter problem with avaya ip phone j129 during configuration getting message (no sip proxy configure)

phone got ip address from dhcp correctly.

is anyone faced this issue ?

thank you

thank you Brian for reply

now message changed to acquiring services

note: we have IP phone j129 8 working fine the new phone model is j129 9
after update http manual now sip proxy message disappear .....now displaying (acquiring services )

thank you

Have you tried this?
Phone displays Acquiring Service screen
Updated: 7/02/2018
Cause

The configured SIP proxy servers are not accessible from the phone.
Solution
Procedure

On the Acquiring Service screen, press Cancel to logout from the phone and go to the Admin menu.
Press SIP > SIP proxy server.
Check the number of SIP proxy servers that are configured. If the connections are properly configured, then ensure the following:

SIP proxy servers are specified by IP address and not by FQDN.

There are only two proxy servers configured.

A filled in circle implies a successful configuration. A circle with a line through it implies a failed connection.

Cause

The configured SIP proxy servers are accessible. However, TLS is being used and there is an issue with the certificate configuration.
Solution
Procedure

On the Acquiring Service screen, press Cancel to logout from the phone and go to the Admin menu.
Press SIP > SIP global settings.
Use the Up and Down arrow keys to go to the Reg. policy screen.
Use the Left arrow key to configure the Reg. policy as Alternate and press Save.
Use the Up and Down arrow keys to go to the Avaya Environ screen.
Use the Left arrow key to configure the Avaya Environ as No and press Save.

Cause

There is a problem with the SIP proxy configuration.
Solution
Procedure

Press SIP > SIP proxy server.
If one or more configured SIP proxy server connections shows as failed, press Ping.

The circle is filled in if the connection is properly configured. Circle with a line through it is a failed connection.
Ping each SIP proxy server.

Thank you valuable reply ,

In fact I tried all this, the phone was logged when I created 46xxspecials.txt and added it to the primary folder and added the code below inside the file

SET TLSSRVRID 0

thank you

If you need that setting, then you have a certificate error.

yes,I saw the TLS declined in IP phone" - Really! At which point when asking people for help were you thinking of mentioning that?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I made a comparison of the settings between the devices between j129 9 and j129 8 then I saw that TLS is declined for j129 9

I think after added that file the certificate has been disabled

so how to resolve the certificate issue ? and return back to the default setting

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back