Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohmed Eltouny

Technical User
Jul 4, 2019
MD
I have a problem with avaya IP office and the problem is that when the customer call from out side and hear the voice massage and chose someone from the staff member when the employee not answer the phone ringing forever until the employee raise the earphone. Although the customer calling from outside has closed the line the phone still ringing .i want some one to solve this problem .

Disconnect clear on analog trunks

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

thank for your reply but i still dont understand what is the solution to fix this problem !!!

You're not going to get much help without some more information.

The disconnect clear on the analogue trunks needs to be configured as per your line providers advise.

If they're not analogue lines then we need some more info on the setup, and if you don't know how to change the disconnect clear then it's time to find a Business Partner who does.

the problem that wen the customer call from outside in CO line first he he going to the auto attendant and listen to the massage then he choose who he want to call say he want to call support of the company then he press 5 the call forward to the employee in his phone then when the customer close the line the employee phone must be stop ring no the employee phone stay ring until the employee rise up the earphone and put it again to stop ring are you understand me ?!

What you probably have are analog trunks - either loop start or ground start. Prior to answering, if the caller hangs up then the trunk stops “ringing” and IPO uses that to drop the call. However, after the incoming call has been answered, the IPO needs another way to know that the caller has disconnected. That is the “disconnect clear” referred to above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back