Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office with XIMA Call Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcd123

Programmer
Apr 8, 2010
US
We have a customer that uses XIMA Call Reporting and Call Recording. The customer is noticing issues where calls that are not answered and go to a users VM are not being recorded. XIMA is blaming this on the Avaya IP Office. Has anyone else experienced this?
Avaya IPO - 8.1.95
VM Pro - 8.1.9803

XIMA's response - In troubleshooting, we found that Avaya VMPRO is not generating an audio recording (.wav) file for us to pull and convert when someone leaves us a voicemail.
We need you to open a ticket with Avaya to figure out why it is not generating .wav files for that audio recording, or if it is, where they are being stored because I did not see it int the VRL folder.

Hey,

So no, it won't record Voicemail messages left. Xima uses the Voicemail Pro call recording method and picks up the wavs from the VRL folder.

As the call wasn't answered by a user, the call is not recorded. This is working as intended from Avaya's point of view.

If this is a requirement then you'd need to use a packet sniffing call recorder like Oak's Record X.

We did initially ask XIMA and they told us we would need to open a case with Avaya. They didn't seem to want to offer much support.

It may be down to version. Having read the ACR 4.0 docs recently (which is Xima rebranded as an Avaya product), they support two methods of recording, called "Active Recording" and "Voicemail Pro".

"Voicemail Pro" is the original method used and as already said, it can't include calls that have gone to a voicemail mailbox to leave a message.

"Active Recording" is new. However, I can't find anything in the XIMA written docs for ACR that describes what Active Recording can and can't do.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Silly question... why do you need to record a voicemail? You have the voicemail why would you also need a recording of it? I can see why voicemail pro wouldn't record a voicemail it makes no sense.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I guess the Owner was looking for something specific but the employee already deleted the VM.

I had a similar requirement several years ago.
This was a legal requirement due to an automotive warranty claim.
We had to do the recording on the trunk side.

As rdoubrava said only way I can see this working is recording on the trunk side. It just doesn't make a lot of sense for the IP Office/VM Pro to essentially record the call twice, once as a voicemail and once as a recorded call, so I doubt you will get it to work on that side.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The VRTX recording option is extremely inexpensive and resolves all of the issues and makes sure every call is recorded. The VMPro recording option also utilizes and uses up your VM licenses and can be consumed very quickly. Using the VRTX to record fixes all of those issues and is most definitely worth the little bit of money it costs in comparison to more VM Pro licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back