Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office with Voicemail Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan8

Technical User
Sep 28, 2005
US
I have an Avaya IP small office & voicemail pro. I'm trying to create submenus or whatever they're called for customers calling to have more options once they reach the auto att.I come from the Audix & Intuity world & I'm just not up to speed yet.

From what I understand, you set that up in Voicemail Pro. I did not do the initial installation of our system, so I'm not to good at it either. We have a Specific Start Point folder named Short Codes. In that directory, we have the different routings for calls. You right click on the folder and add a new start point. The interface is graphical, so it should be easy to use, but I find it kind of confusing. It seems over-messy to me and very easy to screw up. But, I'm sure there are guys here who know it very well.

Go to There you can find some nice tutorials and examples how to program and use VM Pro together with IP Office.

To create a AA you can do this:
In VM Pro create a new Module named AA1
Drag a Menu action from above, go top the proerties and select the digits you want to use.
Drag a line from the Start to the Menu, put in the actions you want to perform after a user has made his/her choice, drag line between them and don't forget to click on "save and make live" on a regular base.
In IP Office you can create a shortcode like this :
SC = *99
TN = "AA1"
LineID = 0
Action = VoicemailCollect
you can use the shortcode as a destination in the incoming call route.
There is a lot more you can do but there is also a limit on the time i wants to spend behind the computer so i really reccomend to go to the above link and play around with the VM Pro, it's not that difficult.

Sounds like you have a system that's very similar to ours. I just took over its management (the IT guy in charge of it is no longer with the company), and without any sort of training or help was able to figure a lot of it out, but it took a fair amount of trial & error.

I have a couple of decent documents that I found pretty helpful, so let me know if you'd like me to send them. They're in .pdf format.

Programming Voicemail Pro is pretty intuitive, but there are some little 'quirky' things to know that can hang you up. Is there a specific task you're trying to accomplish?

-brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back