Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avaya ip office with viking c-250 help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mg1986

Programmer
Feb 18, 2014
US
I have an Viking E 10 a wired to Viking C-250 which runs into an analogue port on my ip office unit. I have that set to an IVR port which rings a user which is forwarded to ring a hunt group .......... everything works great, except if no one answers it, it never stops ringing once triggered. The hunt group voice mail is off and no answer time default 15 seconds is set. any ideas?

Thanks, Viking told me that having it ran in through an anolgue port any ring time programming through the c-250 would not affect the ring time once the phone system grabs it (which makes since).
I have not tried changing the ring time in the e10 but, I will. I figured having the time set on the phone system would make it time out.
I'll Post again after trying that

I hooked a regular anologue phone up to the "Phones" line on the viking c-250 and that phone only rings 4 times then the call is terminated. I plug it back into my phone system and it rings the hunt group non stop. That tells me it has to be my phone sysytem settings.

I have all the no answer times set through the hunt groups and user that forwards to the hunt group. Is ther any time settings I may be missing?

Any one had this problem before.

Thanks again for any help.

I see agin in this thread thread940-1701139 it points to checking the viking programming but if it time out when hooked to a regular anologue phone and not tied into the phone system id say that makes it in my phone system programming

When you say:
"which runs into an analogue port on my ip office unit"

are you speaking of an Analog Station port or an Analog CO Line port?

It runs into an analong station port and then that port is set as an IVR port, I then have a user set up on that ports extension which forwards to a huntgroup. I have voicemail off on both the user and the huntgroup and the no answer time is 15 seconds on user 10 on hunt group

OK

You said earlier:
"I hooked a regular anologue phone up to the "Phones" line on the viking c-250 and that phone only rings 4 times then the call is terminated."

Since the Viking c-250 sends out a Ring Signal, it tells me that it emulates a CO Line.

Based on that, it appears that you are not connecting the Viking to the KSU correctly.
You should not connect it to an Analog Station Port but rather a spare Analog CO Line Port instead.

Then program that CO Line (Trunk) to an Incoming Call Route with a destination to the Hunt Group you already have set up.

Presently, your connection method is what has been called a "Battery to Battery Connection".
The simple rule to that is "never connect battery to battery".

Change your connection and let us know what happens.

Thanks, I'll post back after trying that

Ok, a week ago when this first started I tried hooking it up through co port, I could not get it to function properly so I started grasping at straws hence the hookup through analog station was born.

I hooked it back up through co port called Viking and told them to walk me through step by step how to make it work, they did so to no avail.

Viking tech support finally asked for serial number off of chip, long story short they had a dozen or so c-250's ship out with faulty chips. He said they will actually catch fire eventually. I'll post the number on here for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back