Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP office with cisco call manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer123

Technical User
Jan 13, 2006
Hello,

Has any one got any information how to configure avaya ip office 406v2(4.1) with cisco call manager 3.3. Currently I got two sites are connected via WLAN and each site got their own pabx. 1-site with ip office and the other with call manager.

yeah i did this recently, give me ten minutes to find the thread

I could not find it :)

It is not on my server but on my providerwebpage :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Tom Mills,

Thanks for your quick response. But still I can't make it work.When I try to test a call from IPO in doesn't go via IP line and the and I am getting incompatibale message in IP phones

Do you use a prefix for using the ipline ?

tlpeter,

no I am not using any prefix for ip line

You need to otherwise you can tell the system where to go !
Or do you use a shortcode ?
Then you need to set the line id of the ipline

Hi tlpeter,

I have got shortcode to route calls via IP line. And all the settings in the IPO is OK since I know more about IPO than the call manager. I think I may have to carry out more settings in call manager which I am not familiar.If the CCM use 7200VXR as gateway do I need to consider that as well?

Make sure you send the digits en-bloc and not in overlap mode, e.g. use the dial time out timer with the ;

SC = 81N;
TN = N
Line = cisco

or
SC = 1xxx ( four digit extensions )
TN = 1N
Line = cisco

The cisco should do the same, i only removed some ciscos and never programmed one so no help on that part.

Guys,

I still can't get CCM and IPO integrated via h323 trunk. I even tried both system at same subnet still no luck. When I try to make a call to cisco phone from IPO all its say "incompatable disc"

Is the network equipment between systems cisco also? If so have the H323 fixups been removed?

ACS - IP Office Implement

Amriddle01,

Yab all those network equipments are cisco and what h323 fixup I got to remove?

what do you see in system status?

is it definately trying to dial over the right line?

are your shortcodes the same as above?

how is your ip line set up?

Tom,

Yes it is trying to dial via the IP line which I can see from system satus and the system monitor.When I run a wireshark to capture the packets it show it only try to setup with CCM but ackowlodgement never received from CCM

no fixup protocol h323 1720" goes in any Pix/ASA you run through.

Amriddle,

One of the firewall has that setting "no fixup protocol h323 1720" do I need to remove it?

No, the No command is what disables it removing that line enables it.

fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512
fixup protocol ftp 21
no fixup protocol h323 h225 1720
no fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719
fixup protocol http 80
fixup protocol ils 389
fixup protocol rsh 514
fixup protocol rtsp 554
fixup protocol sip 5060
no fixup protocol sip udp 5060
no fixup protocol skinny 2000
fixup protocol smtp 25
fixup protocol sqlnet 1521
fixup protocol tftp 69

I got this from another site, it's what's recommended to use when running IP Office through a Cisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back