Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office Voicemail Pro - Sorting Voicemail messages and delay in greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpchouinard

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2009
CA
I've got the exact same issue as in this thread
If we listen to new messages it will always play the oldest new message first in either FIFO or LIFO and then we must loop through all the old messages to get back to the other new messages.

We currently run Server Edition R10 SP4 and the system was originally installed with 9.something

Any idea where to look? Our vendor is telling us it's normal and we don't believe them.

We also have an issue when a user re-record a greeting, there's a 2-3 seconds silent added at the beginning of the greeting. If they erase and record again it's fine, but overwriting isn't and again our vendor is telling us it's working as designed.

1) In Voicemail Pro, did you Restart the service once the changes were made from LIFO to FIFO or vice-versa?
2) Did the user(s) you are testing with have their mailboxes cleared out, so no messages in their mailboxes?
- Sometimes, even though the change has been made you also have to clear the mailboxes out of the old, existing messages in order for the changes to take place.
3) When you record a greeting, are the users simply re-recording over an existing greeting or erasing the current greeting then recording?

1. Yes, I also changed the settings for unopened messages with the same result
2. I did clear out my mailbox to test and it's still the same.
3. If they re-record over an existing message the delay is added, if they erase it and then record again there's no delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back