Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office Twinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblady

MIS
Jul 27, 2009
I have an IP Office 4.1. I have used twinning for local cell phone numbers successfully in the past. I tried setting up twinning for a cell phone number that would be considered long distance but cannot get it to ring on the intended recipients cell simply rings and then back to voicemail pro. I've tried setting it up as follows:
91404XXXXXXX
91404XXXXXXX,,XXXX (our long distance code)

Neither way works. Anything else I can try?

You can try to use the Y code if using PRI.
You should build a short code to test directly first.
If you get it working then build a ARS form to incorporate the code.

We are using PRI. I will test the Y code, does that mean 91404XXXXXXXYXXXX ?

yes and you may have to enter S+Valid DID or SI+Valid DID after the dtmf account pin digits

Okay so I set up a short code and entered in the following:
1404XXXXXXX,,,YXXXX

and I get the prompt to enter in my authorization code (which is included in the string after the Y)? So obviously it is not passing through. Is there anything else I should try? I've tried it with no pauses and I've tried adding more pauses up to 6 commas. I still get the prompt for the authorization code. If I manually enter in the authorization code when prompted the call goes through to the cell phone as expected.

You could try and find a provider that doesn't require archaic auth codes for such things :)

Actually We requested those archaic auth codes so that we can bill the appropriate department for their calls :-(

That's what call logging/billing software is for or DDI/DID level billing (far cheaper) :)

We got the Phone system in 2007 and never needed the twinning to out of state cells until now.
[neutral] So what software is out there? We had access to Tapit EX, but I think we let the license run out.:-(

or extn level billing, so you can add an E into your dialling short code, sending the extn out to the provider.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

I'll check with the provider. The current set up works great, to be honest. We give a user a long distance authorization code, they enter it in when necessary, the users are grouped by Windstream into departments and we allocate the bill accordingly. :-/ hate to change it just to get twinning to work, but I'll look into it.

You would still get that but without the requirement to enter a code if you use call logging software or extn level billing as Sean suggested :)

Try this short code. You may need more pauses.

1404XXXXXXX,,,DXXXX

'Y' is a safer option then 'D' as it waits for an acknoledgement form the network
Personaly I would transpcde the 'D/Y' & the commas if you want/need to add delays

ie 140XXXXXXXXXXY,,,XXXX

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I tried the D code and was not prompted for an authorization/long distance code.
as 1410XXXXXXX,,,,DXXXX and 1410XXXXXXXD,,,,XXXX
I tried the Y code and continue to receive the prompt for the authorization code.
as 1410XXXXXXX,,,,YXXXX and 1410XXXXXXXY,,,,XXXX

Thanks everyone.

Oops to clarify I do not believe the D code worked I'm checking the logs now.

Either should work
unless the prompt for the pin code is not considered a connect message. Of which I am not 100% it is

D

Wait for a connect message before sending any following digits as DTMF

Y

Wait for a Call Progress or Call Proceeding message before sending any following digits as DTMF. For example, the Y character would be necessary at a site where they have signed up with their telephone service provider to withhold international dialing until a DTMF pin/account number is entered that initiates the call progress/proceeding message.

NYSTECH, that is exactly what I ment, prompts for access codes etc from the network do not bnecessarily send a connect message to the IPO so 'D' does not work with all providers.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You may have to enter DID number for provider auth so enter si+Valid DID after the dtmf account pin digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back